Tuesday, February 12, 2013

To Our Home...

We have had a very blessed, yet a very exhausting last 2 months  6 months.  Admittedly, it might be our fault.  After all Brandon and I are the go, go, go type.  I think I laid out a pretty good synopsis of it all in the last post, but in case you missed it... We put our house on the market, it sold, we lived nomadic lifestyles for 2 months, we closed on the house and then we went to Disney World.  But here we are in the house, and I can honestly say... every time I walk in the door I'm so thankful it is ours!

We moved into our last house with the "starter" house mentality.  Don't get me wrong, it was a great house.  I just had a hard time settling in and feeling like it was really home. So with this house, I'm starting it out right. 

To Our Home,

Hey, I just met you... and this is crazy...

I know we just met and my sweet husband and I rushed and put piles of our stuff in you, along with our toddler and dog.  I see how some houses might view that as rude, but you seem to be okay with it.  I have been dreaming for the last several weeks about what our time together will be like.  Let me just say... the plans are huge!  I'm dreaming of built-ins, paint colors, kitchen functionality... you name it, and I'm dreaming it! And don't worry, it's not because I think you're inadequate - you're not, trust me. It's because when I look at you, I see the blessings God has bestowed on us, and I know we have a long future together.  

So let me just throw it out there as a little heads up.  I'm 99% certain my daughter will collide her crayons with your walls.  I'm 99% certain cups will spill, messes will be made, and if a new puppy ever comes into our home "accidents" will occur.  But as our home, I promise to make you the best that I can.  Maybe not always with chores, but with appreciation.  It is my prayer to make you a place where our whole little family wants to be.  It is our prayer that God will use your walls as a place for people to know Him and to know they are loved.  

I don't want you to be generic.  I want you to be mine.  I don't want you to be HGTV-style either... cause you know, then you wouldn't be mine.  But it is my intention to work with you, to make you the utmost functional and personal home that you can be for the Family Frosch. 

Trust me, we are going to have a good time!

~The Family Frosch

Father, thank you for this blessing.  Please don't let us ever forget the prayers and effort it took to get this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment