Thursday, November 8, 2012

Financial Rockstars

I don't think this will come as a major shock to people when I say I view life a little differently.  I get excited about campaigns, government, business, and how things work.  For instance, this past Tuesday, an old friend posted pics of an "Election Party" on Facebook.  Now, maybe it is because he is in the epi-center of government and living life serving the public sector in D.C., but I couldn't help be a little bit jealous! I mean, I want to wage guesses on who will win various elections and by what margin! Ok, have I lost you? Reel it in... reel it in.

I guess all this to say, that when I think of the finer things in life, I gravitate toward the nerdier things in life. So when I received an email with the opportunity to meet and greet with Dave Ramsey (for free!) I had to jump! It wasn't one of those, sure let me check my schedule type things.  You see, Dave Ramsey isn't just a DJ.  He isn't just an author.  I guess he is more like my version of Bono. Yup, Dave Ramsey is my Bono - a financial rockstar on a mission. Dave is on mission to remind us that God didn't create us to be enslaved to debt and money.  In fact, God desired us to be the master over money and use it as a tool to serve Him.  One of my favorite Brandon Quotes is, "Christianity isn't a pauper's vow."  He says that in full recognition that there isn't a prosperity gospel waiting for us either.  God created us to give, love, serve, and worship Him.   Those things are a lot easier to do when you're not adding 18% interest each month.

Anyway, all of this to say I got to meet one of my earthly superheros and I didn't even think to get an autograph!  For those who are local, Brandon and I will be coordinating another Financial Peace University class in January.  Dave just released an updated version that is only 9 weeks long.  Let me know if you want to participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment