Friday, November 30, 2012

Days 1-30

**Post entered on the iPad. // indicates a new paragraph**

//Ok, I admit I haven't been remotely as consistent as I wanted to be. The director of the Wesley Foundation at Tech always said, "You will never be as busy in your life as you are right now... it will always be more." With 18 course hours, wedding planning, friends, and everything else going on in life... I certainly had my doubts. But now with a marriage, a baby, a job, and a bedtime, I have to admit that he knew what he was talking about. Busy, busy, busy! But that's no different from you.

//So here is the thing. You know how they say life has it's seasons? I really like life having seasons, I just don't like them changing. But God wires us in a way that we are not designed to stay the same; instead we grow. And growing seems overrated after a while, but I never look back and regret it. All of this to say, that I have some changes to update you on! I haven't been super forthcoming on some of it simply because I wanted to see how it played out. But God has been faithful time and time again, and it is such a waste if I don't share the things He has done in our lives!

//First up - Roughly a month after we mounted a TV to our wall, Brandon and I decided it was time to move. We had always planned on moving after being in the house for 5 years or so, and I honestly don't remember what triggered it, but we knew it was our time. If you have never done it before, let me tell you - selling a house is exhausting. All the dishes go in the dishwasher right away since someone could show up in 10 minutes for a "just looking" session. Never mind if the baby is sleeping... And then to think you spend all this time keeping the house up, and people track mud onto the carpet, leave the toilet seat up, and put who-knows-what on the bathroom counters. Seriously?? Oh, and babies don't love being disrupted at random so you can sit in the car down the street waiting for people to leave their house. The only people who hate it more than babies are babies who just turned into toddlers. All that to say... stressful. Yes indeed, stressful. Anyway - our house was on the market for roughly a week. It took a month for the "buyer" to back out and then back on the market for another week and a half. We officially sold a couple weeks ago... yay and praise God! We knew He was watching out for us through the whole process!!

//Next up - I came home from a bachelorette party for a girlfriend one night. Brandon and I were lounging about, and he brought up that I needed a consistent income. Now let me be clear - he chose his words carefully, was kind and sensitive to what I had been doing. Well I simply breathed out and with that breath escaped, "I just want a job." Instantly I knew all the things that God had been working on my heart the previous weeks were in preparation for that breath. You see, I hadn't even admitted that to myself yet. I knew the Holy Spirit worked in my husband to prepare his words for a conversation that could have been very difficult. I knew the Holy Spirit worked in my heart to not be defensive but to simply be honest. This is why my God is good. Even when I deceive myself - He knows my heart. I told Brandon that while I love Thirty-One, it isn't for me. And like he does, he supported that decision too.

//Batter up - Did you notice how we sold our house but I didn't mention anything about the new house? Oh yeah, about that. See here is the thing. There are some people (well 2 people) who won the Powerball. They can afford to have two mortgage payments - but for Brandon and myself, that would be utterly irresponsible. So we made the decision to sell our house prior purchasing a home. We looked here and there with not much avail. We thought we found *the one* but found out earlier this week that there are too many issues to make it worth our time. So with that - we are starting our search over. We have friends who have very graciously offered to let us stay in a spare room. Seriously - they let us take part of their daily lives... who does that? Our awesome friends, that's who. So we are on the hunt and hopefully *the one* will come up soon. Till then, we appreciate your prayers for patience and wisdom. More house shopping on Sunday... so if ya know of any...!!

//Next again - Man, I really like bouncing this post all over the place sorry about that. So you know how I said I wanted a job? I applied for one that night. I texted a friend who seems to like her job. She told me where to apply and so I did. That was a Saturday after midnight... not the best response time during those hours. Monday morning 9am, I had an email asking for a phone interview. Phone interview Wednesday, in person interview the following Monday. Job was offered and accepted that Friday. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That's how big my God is. I couldn't believe it. I was so blown away. Blessed. Honored. Humbled. The things that I barely knew in my heart, God was already preparing the way.

//Sorry for the novel, I just needed to give credit where credit was due. So this is the last day of November. Everyone has been doing the Day 1-30 that they are thankful for. I'm thankful for so much: my relationship with my Savior, for Brandon, Summer, friends, jobs... so many things. I'm thankful that God knows me better than I do.

//I hope everyone had an incredible Thanksgiving and is getting ready for an amazing Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment