Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Journey to Staying Home: Part 1

Well, it has been a couple weeks since I have blogged, and it is simply because I am trying to get my head around some stuff. I think we're going to have to go at it in parts. So below is My Journey to Staying Home: Part 1.

The question I get the most right now is, "So... how do you like staying home?" And the truth is, it is harder than I ever could have imagined. I feel less organized, less put together, less... a lot of things. BUT I have something that I never fully knew I was missing. I have more cherished memories with Summer. And I wouldn't trade those for anything.

There is something you have to understand about me, I never ever wanted to be a stay at home mom. Never ever, until I met Summer. I didn't understand how women did it. Surely, they are bored out of their minds. And it wasn't a condescending thought... I just didn't understand it. I grew up with two parents who were (and are) very successful in their careers. They wear suits. They go to seminars. They meet with people in large buildings. Obviously that is a simplified view, but that is what I planned to do. Most of my life I planned to go to law school and start a law career. My work would then propel me into local politics which would eventually escalate to a national level. So staying home with a baby is a far cry from what I planned to do.

The funny thing is, God knew all along that my "plans" did not align with His. And quite frankly (no surprise here), His plans are far superior! My Sunday school teacher often says, "There is no better feeling than being right where God wants you, right now." (Hey Vic - sorry I butchered that.) So right here, right now, I am walking in God's plan with the confidence that He will teach me how to do the things that I need to do. I'm surrounded by Super Moms (oh hey Ashlie!) who are so sweet and willing to teach. But most importantly, I get to hang out with this little girl who is so eager to learn.

There is more to come, but that's enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. You said it perfectly at the top about the "less organized, less put together...I needed to read that and understand that it's ok! Thank you!!! You are doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete